Contest Rules & Regulations
• Pumpkins entered into the contest must be carved. Painting and accessories may be added to accent the carving design. Any pumpkin that is not carved will be disqualified from the contest.
• Entries into the contest should be carved prior to registration.
• Contestant shall provide a non-flame, battery-powered light source within each pumpkin entry. Festival staff will light pumpkins each night of the festival.
• Registration will take place during festival setup on Thursday, October 10, 2019 between 4:00pm – 7:00pm at the Eagles Bandstand in Yoctangee Park.
• Each pumpkin entered shall have an entry form. Upon registration, pumpkins will be given an entry number for judging.
• There are no entry fees for this contest.
• Judges will award a trophy to the (a) Funniest (b) Scariest (c) Most Creative
• Judges will not be privileged to any entry information including the carver's name.
• Decisions by the judges are final. Any judging sheets are the property of the festival and shall not be released.
• By entering into the contest, contestants gives the festival authorization to use photos of the pumpkin/contestants and names of the contestants/assistants for use on its website, social media and through media outlets.
• Contestants must pick up their pumpkins by close of the festival on Sunday, October 13, 2019. Any pumpkins remaining onsite after the festival closes at 5:00pm will be discarded.
• Although the festival will do everything possible to ensure the pumpkins are safe during the festival including overnight security; the festival, its board, sponsors nor parent organization shall be held liable for any pumpkins that may be damaged, lost or stolen during the duration.
NO Registration Fee is Required!
2019 Pumpkin Carving
Contest Entry Form
Please mail your entry form to
230 North Plaza Blvd
Chillicothe Ohio 45601
Entry Forms can also be turned in at the festival with pumpkins.